Sunday, August 13, 2017

Communicating With JazzProfiles

© -Steven Cerra, copyright protected; all rights reserved.


I use Blogger as the platform to format and publish JazzProfiles. It’s free of charge and very compatible with other applications that Google hosts.


But if you have ever tried to leave a comment about any of the features that post to the blog, you know that Blogger isn’t very accommodating in this regard. I’m not sure why this is the case as other blogging platforms such as Wordpress make it very easy for readers to interact with the blog author.


For the most part, I have been satisfied with this arrangement as it allows me to dwell in relative anonymity and to focus on preparing pieces for the blog.


It takes a great deal of time and effort to research and write the features that I bring up on JazzProfiles on an almost daily basis, and populate them with images, graphics and audio-visual examples of the music and the musicians under discussion.


Besides, since I am not an authority on Jazz, I’ve always assumed that the readers of the blog would rather spend their time perusing its contents than corresponding with me.


However, should you like to leave a comment, ask a question or make a request, please feel free to contact me at scerra@roadrunner.com/ and I’ll do my best to provide you with a timely response. I will also negotiate the abstruse Blogger platform and nest your comment under the appropriate feature.


I plan to place a listing of “Readers Comments” in a permanent section of the blog’s sidebar and update it regularly.


All of this by way of saying that the editorial staff at JazzProfiles welcomes your communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. Thank you.